Lombardi Magazine | Winter 2012
As we head into 2012, I am delighted to share with you some exciting examples of progress towards defeating cancer through cutting-edge research, compassionate patient care, education and service to the community.
As you’ll read, in December we held a symposium called “Fighting a Smarter War Against Cancer: Linking Policy to the Patient” on the campuses of Georgetown University and Georgetown University Law Center. This symposium, organized by our Ruesch Center for the Cure of Gastrointestinal Cancers, created a jumping off point for a national conversation about how to define value in cancer care and where the cancer drug industry needs to go to provide more efficient and cost-effective treatment options for patients. Continue reading the Letter from the Director...
In This Issue
Download print edition (pdf)
- Georgetown Lombardi Launches G-DOC: A Unique Cancer Database
- Landmark Study Looks at Impact of Screening on Lung Cancer Outcomes
- Ruesch Center Hosts Symposium on Value in Cancer Care
- Georgetown Lombardi Researchers Apply Engineering Principles to Breast Cancer
- Groundbreaking Culturing Technique Keeps Cells Alive in the lab Indefinitely
Ask the Expert
- Georgetown Lombardi Celebrates Silver Anniversary of Gala
- Capital Breast Care Center Hosts 5th Annual 'Gift of Life' Breakfast
- Team Lombardi 'Makes Strides' Against Breast Cancer, Raises Over $40,000
- Georgetown Lombardi Joins 'Scope it Out' Race to Change Colon Cancer Outlook
- Researchers Identify Gene Associated with Cancer
- Georgetown University Medical Center Names Cancer Expert as Dean for Research
- Georgetown Lombardi Pharmacologist Receives Prestigious National Award
- Lucile Adams-Campbell Honored as Legacy Laureate by her Alma Mater
- Researchers Discover Patterns of Genes Associated with Timing of Breast Cancer Recurences
- HHS Secretary, Cancer Survivors Recognize Lifesaving Cancer Screening Program
We Want to Hear from You!
Tell us what you think about the latest issue of Lombardi Magazine at email@example.com. Let us know about the current topics and emerging issues that are of interest to you. Or, just drop us a line. We want to hear from you!